Friday, July 23, 2010

The Duty of a Godmother

On July 11, I threw a baby shower for my dear friend. Well, I tried to throw a shower. See, about a month after I decided I wanted to do it, her mother-in-law jumped in and changed EVERYTHING and increased the guest list. I was MORTIFIED! She pretty much took over. I was able to get my say on some things in the end and I'm so thankful for the help. When all was said and done we had a beautiful Jack-n-Jill baby shower that made both Mommy and Daddy cry.

After the party, my husband and I brought our kids by the house to visit with our friends. They pulled me aside and asked me to be the new baby's Godmother! YAY!!! Oh, and my husband was NOT going to be the Godfather... AWKWARD!!!! I cried, said yes, and began contemplating how I was going to break the news to my husband.

In the car on the way home I approached the subject. He responded, "It's about time they asked you!" Wait, what? It would seem that several months ago, our friends approached him to make sure he wouldn't be offended if they asked me and not him. The little stinker knew all along and never breathed a word about it!!

So... The DUTY of a Godmother....

I decided that since I love making Christening sets so much, I must make a one of a kind outfit for my new godchild. The only catch: We don't know the child's gender.

I designed a baby boy outfit and began to crochet in one of my favorite yarns: Bernat Cool Crochet in Crisp White. This is a discontinued yarn and I can't find any to purchase. I have 2 small skeins. YIKES. Here's hoping it will be enough!

Should the baby be a girl.... I'll start a new gown, which I am already designing in my mind. Why do I make so much work for myself???

If anyone knows where I can find some Bernat Cool Crochet in Crisp White... CONTACT ME!! PLEASE!!!

Fingers, don't fail me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment