Monday, July 12, 2010

Welcome to my BLOG!

I decided that it was time to start a blog. Inspired by the movie Julie and Julia, I like the idea of committing to something for a period of time and sticking with it no matter how difficult it may seem. So... at risk of looking completely foolish and putting something out into the void that it is quite possible that no one will ever look at, I am going to throw it all out there!

Trikel's Trinkets is the name of the non-profit organization I have created but never officially filed anywhere. Perhaps someday I will officially own the name, but if you are trying to figure me out, I guess it would be best if we started with the basics.

TRIKEL -- That's me. I'm Trikel. I have been since college when I first found a need to develop a web handle. Why Trikel? It's really kind of silly. I was on one of those old chat boards where there were no images and people were playing some form of goofy role playing game. Everyone had funky sci-fi names and I felt a need to join in. I became Tri-Kel, as in three Kels. I was thinking Kelvin or something stupid like that. As time passed it evolved to Trikel, pronounced like trickle, and it stuck. You can call me Trik, but please do not call me Trixie!

TRINKETS -- That's easy enough, I'm a crafter. More specifically I knit and crochet, but I'm always willing to make something fun. In this blog you will learn about my creations. All items I make are either gifted or sold for charity. My charity of choice is The National MS Society, however, you will find me donating to organizations that provide empowerment to battered women as well.

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy the ride!
--Trik

1 comment:

  1. So when exactly did you get that moniker? I don't remember it.

    ReplyDelete