Thursday, July 29, 2010

Too Close to the Project


I have realized that I am too close to the project to have an objective opinion. Of course, I am speaking of the Christening outfit I am designing and, in theory, making. Here is a rough sketch.
I have created a design that I LOVE, but in it's simplistic elegance, is boring to make. I have barely worked on it because the use of a continuous single crochet stitch is boring. I love making lace and doilies because of the stitches and details and frills. Row after row after row of single crochet makes me INSANE!


To top it off, I still have not found more of the yarn I need. I think it's time to start again with a different yarn. I found a nice lace weight cashmere blend, but I'm wondering about the practicality with an infant. Drops has a baby alpaca that is nice, but again, I am concerned about spit ups and stains. The Bernat Cool Crochet is completely washable and makes a nice baby garment.


I need to step away from the project and look at it objectively. Maybe I should get someone on the outside in to help? If anyone is reading this blog, what is your opinion???



No comments:

Post a Comment